Wednesday 15 May 2013

Korean style barbecue short ribs

Our starter yesterday: Self made pappardelle with morel cream sauce. The rosmarin flowers are from our garden. On the toast there is some nettle spread.

First smoking and then barbecue...

Oh my god! My second post inside such a short time. It's all thanks to the holiday. In the future, when working, there won't be so many things to blog about. This post is about our dinner yesterday. We didn't need all of the the pasta dough for the raviolis so we made some pappardelle with the rest. Those we left to dry over night and the next day we prepared a starter with it: Pappardelle with morel cream sauce. Don't undertsand me wrong...We do not always eat so fancy. It's just that we happened to have some left overs.  By the way, here, you can take a look at pasta names.

Yummy, lovely glaze

For the main course I give all the credit for my husband. He is the grilling and smoking master. He found a nice recipe from one our books, which I think we bought in South Africa: Korean style barbecue short ribs. The recipe will be in one of the following pictures. The ribs were lovely. Now we still have some of the glaze left and we are planning to use it to cook some pork in vacuum with it...I will let you know how that turns out if we ever manage to make it. With the main course we ate the artichokes I made the day before. They were good, not great, but good :)

Served with those marinated artichokes.

Here is the recipe. I think my hubby followed it more or less with a couple of fine tunings

The recipe is from this book

Honestly!!! I so want to be a cat in my next life ;D

No comments: