Tuesday 14 May 2013

Home made pasta

With what should I start my "food blogger" live? Well, as it turns out, with something time consuming: self made nettle and morchel raviolis. I'm between jobs at the moment. The old one has finnished and the new one starts only in June so I have time to do some experiments . I have, of course, made pasta before but that was back in cooking school so it's about a time to give it try.

I saw this first...

All started with nettles. I wanted to make something with them and the first idea was a soup or crepes. But hey, that's boring! I wanted to try something new and thus I came to the idea of pasta, nettles and shrimps. Well, this idea developped a bit further and I thought that I should finally give that pasta a try and do some nettle filled raviolis. 

...and when I looked further many, many more and not just these in the pictures.

What's with the morchels? Well they weren't part of my plan until yesterday when I disccovered that my garden is full of them :D So naturally they had to be included to the master plan. Therefore at the end of the day nettle ravioli (the round ones), morchel ravioli (the square ones) and those earlier mentioned shrimps found their way onto my plate.


I collected some for our needs and the rest I left standing...maybe my neighbour also wants some.

I hope they get good

Before my pasta experiments I cooked some artichokes (once again a thing that I last time did in school) and placed them into marrinade for the next day

Stock for cooking the artichockes:
water
spring onions
thymian, rosmarin, garlic
vegetable bouillon

Marinade:
some of the cooking stock
Sherry vinegar
olive oli
garlic, thymian and rosmarin

Artichokes in the marinade. Will be testing them later today.

The first thing I had to go to do was to buy a pasta maschine. I was weighting a decision between buying a part for the kitchen aid or getting the had usable one. The last mentioned won because that's what I had been using in the school as well. I bought it in Manor for about 90 CHF and the brand is called Marcato.

I used the following recipe for the pasta:
150 g  Wheat flour (weissmehl)
150 g Durum flour (Knöplfimehl/Hartweitzenmehl)
3 eggs
little water

My new pasta maschine
 For the nettle filling I sauteed the nettles with spring onion and garlic. Added a little cream and vegetable bouillon and pureed in mixer with a little bit dried bread for thicker consitancy. At the end I added some salt, pepper and parmesan.

The filling with morchels followed the same pattern but I didn't need any bread because the thickness was good and I left the parmesan away.

Raviolis in making

Hier is finally the ready product

My hubby prepared the shrimps on pan with garlic added some cream and spices and the raviolis we threw streight from the pot to the pan, quick mix and voilà: Ready to enjoy! As a wine we had Pinot blanc (weissburgunder)  2011 from Weingut Klumpp, Baden-Württemberg.

Yammy

1 comment:

Friedrich Peter said...

Da läuft mir auch nach dem fünften Mal lesen immer noch das Wasser im Mund zusammen...
und wieviel Glück kann man haben,,wenn im eigenen Vorgarten ein Pilz wächst, der gerade mal 50 Franken pro Kilo kostest?