Sunday 8 March 2015

Profiteroles for Sunday breakfast

Last autumn I planted some different kinds of flower onions and now the first flowers are here.

The first touch of spring has finally arrived. Jihaaa!!!! So happy to have had some sun for the last couple of days. The sun just works wonders, doesn't it? We have been enjoying a whole weekend of free time together: cooking and eating good like tapas evening on Friday and visiting a gourmet fair Schlaraffia on Saturday. I also managed to finish those profiteroles I mentioned earlier. Today we did a long, lovely walk and checked out some fancy and expensive houses and their gardens in our city. 

Today morning we could enjoy our breakfast on sunny terrace...and the time has come to use another coffe cup than the winter Moomin cup. The Moomin cups are my favourite coffee cups. They remind me of Finland and of childhood. The Moomins was our absolute favourite children's program on TV. If you like the Moomin figures you should check out the Moomin webpage: Muumi

This is my favourite winter coffee cup "talvimuumi". Now it's time to place it to summer sleep and use another one. Would love to have this one: Muumin summer 2015, but that's not possible so I have to use one of the other ones we already have.

Like this one: "Rakkausmuumi"

Or this one: "pikkumyy" I love the bright spring yellow of this cup.

 Pâte à choux

120 ml water
120 ml milk
pinch of salt
110 g butter
170 g flour
225 g eggs 
(I needed about 50 g more of egg that in the recipe)

This is a recipe in the book of The Culinary Institute of America.

1. Bring the milk, water, salt and butter to boil. Once the butter has melted, add the flour all at once and stir vigorously to combine. Continue to stir for about 3 minutes until the mass pulls away from the sides of the pan.
2. Transfer the mixture to the mixer and beat with the paddle attachment. Break the stucture of the eggs in a bowl and add the them in small parts to the dough. Keep on checking after every addition, if some more eggs are needed. Stop adding eggs when the dough slowly slides down the paddle.
3. The pâte à choux is ready to be piped and baked.

This time my pâte à choux turned into very nice looking profiteroles

For the filling I prepared some chocolate creme. I basically made pastry cream to which I added some cocoa powder and after I had cooled it down I added some whipped cream to get an airier and lighter consistancy.

I made a small whole either to the side or to the bottom.

And piped in the cream. Unfortunately I don't have a smaller head for the piping bag so I needed to make a bit too big hole for my taste, but it was hidden underneath so it didn't matter so much.


One way of serving the profiteroles: on the floor ;)

And here the are, ready to be eaten.

Nicht schlecht, oder?

So, I decided to drink my coffee from the "Lovemoomin" :)



Another flower

No comments: