Friday 20 September 2013

Cookies

Cookies in making
Some days ago I had a birthday. Usually at my working place one gets a day off on one's birthday but my chef had forgotton about it and thus I was working on that day. When he realised his mistake he did ask if I want to have it off but I said that it didn't matter because my Hubby was working the whole day anyways. I first wanted to bake a cake to bring with me to work but somehow I didn't have the desire for such a project. So at the end, after a long moment with a thinking cap on, I decided to do some cookies. That way I had something to bring not only to my working place but also to my Hubby's working place where I spent the evening while waiting for him to get ready with his work.

Oatmeal cookies
250 g butter or margarine
270 g sugar
100 g raisins
180 g wheat flour
240 g oats
2 tsp baking powder
1 dl milk

Cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and smooth. Mix in all the dry ingredients. At last add the milk. With a small spoon take small lumps of the dough and place them on a baking sheet. Leave enough place around the lumps because they will spread a lot in the oven. Bake at 200 C for about 8 min. After baking let the cookies cool down a bit to harden and then move them to an oven grill.

Basic shortpastry dough for the Raspberry cookies
200 g butter
90 g sugar
1 egg (55g)
1 tsp baking powder
240 g wheat flour

vanilla sugar
raspberry marmelade

Cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and smooth. Add the egg while still creaming until fully incorporated. on a slow speed mix in the dry ingredients until just incorporated. If you want to form the dough with your hands let it rest in the fridge. If you gonna pipe it, you can use it right away. Before baking, top the cookies with the marmelade and bake in 180 C for about 10 min. 

Chocolate cookies
 125 g butter
90 g  sugar
75 g fariinisokeri (refined sugar to which molasses has been added.)
1 egg (55g)
150 g dark chocolate chopped small
150 g  wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder

You can follow the instructions of the basic short pastry dough.


From left to right: Oatmeal cookies, vanilla-raspberry cookies, chocolate cookies

No comments: