Tuesday 3 September 2013

Cats, Cake, Cocos


Who would not want to be a cat?


Last Thursday I was on a  mood for baking. As it happened to be the last day of work for one of Hubby's colleagues I had a great reason for a cake. The whole day in the work I was thinking what to do until finally I remembered a chocolate cake which I hadn't done for ages. 

I first had a bite of this cake back in 2004 at the 18th birthday party of one my friends. She had made the cake with a recipe taken from one of the many Women's magazines in Finland. Some years later I thought of this cake but I had lost the recipe. I could, however, remember the name so after some googling I managed to locate the recipe again. I can't remember anymore that in which magazine the recipe was in but who cares because I have it now :) So here is the cake: Cake of two chocolates with lime-mascarpone mousse

The bottom of the cake is really heavy and cocolately with some cocos in it. The bottom is not baked through and that's why it's very moist and heavy.

The topping is fresh with a lovely lime taste.


My own addition to the cake were the cocosballs.

No comments: