Friday 7 June 2013

Lillet Vive is the in-drink of this summer

Thurgauer Zeitung on the 7th of June

Well, well, well...I didn't advertise the Lillet Vive for nothing earlier in this blog. According to Thurgauer Zeitung it's the new in-drink for the summer. A quote from the newspaper: "Eine Reihe neuer Cocktails mischt diesen Sommer die Barkarte auf. Als neuer In-Drink der heissen Tage wird etwa Lillet Vive gehandelt. Mit Lillet erobert ein neuer Apéritiftrend diesen Sommer die Bars."

Ginger beer is also present although mixed with vodka instead of rum. Star of the summer will apparently be the mint: "Wer immer das Rennen machen wird, eins ist klar: Der Star des Sommers ist das Pfefferminz-Zweiglein. Das Grünzeug kann nämlich sämtliche erwähnte Drinks zieren:"...the recipes in the picture all include mint. I'm luckily secured on that front: my garden has three different sort of mints in huge pots. I don't know what I should do with that all.


Our dinner on Tuesday

And these were the dessert. Thurgau strawberries are finally here! So I will be paying our village farm everyday a visit :))

No comments: