Wednesday 7 December 2016

Lavendel biscuits

Lavendel biscuits

Couple of months ago, when I had my birthday, my neighbours gave me some self dried and wrapped lavendel as a present. Since the it has been sitting in our kitchen corner and trying to tell me I should use it for something. Well, I decided finally to "roll my sleeves up" and do something with that lavendel. I found a nice and easy sounding recipe in Internet on site Ichkoche. After small changes I was ready to try it and it worked out great. Even Hubby who normally doesn't care for lavendel though that the biscuits were good. So guess what I'll give for my neighbour as a christmas present :D

A beautifully packed present I got from my neighbour

Lavendel biscuits

250 g wheat flour
130 g butter
1 egg
 130 g sugar
2 tbs (about 2 g) dried lavendel
pinch of salt

for the top
egg wash
dried lavendel
decorating sugar 

1. Rub the cold, cubed butter togeter with the flour
and throw in the salt.
2. Place the sugar and the lavendel in the mixer and let run
for couple of minutes until the flowers and sugar
are some what fine.
3. Foam the lavendel sugar with the egg
4. Add the egg foam to the flour mixture
and mix into a dough
5. Let the dough rest in the fridge for about one hour.
6. Roll out the dough and cut out the desired biscuits
7. Brush with the egg wash and sprinke with lavendel
and decorating sugar
8. Bake for about 5 minutes in 200 Celsius.

Biscuits in the oven

Enjoy!

A late afternoon stroll with the Cutie

No comments: