Wednesday 23 July 2014

Hoi again!

Again such a long delay with my posting...I have spent a bit too much of my days in the work lately and thus haven't had the urge to get a grip of myself to write something. But here are some short bites from our food life like orange-fig salad and pulled pork burgers.

Borage in flower

Orange-fig salad: oranges, shallot onions, figs, pepper mix, sea salt flakes, olive oil and borage flowers as deco

A visitor

Basil

Red mangold stems

A nice side dish for grill food: red mangold au gratin. I separeted the stems from the leaves and blanched  them before placing them into a casserole. Then I fried some onion, chorizo and garlic in butter-oil mixture, added some mascarpone cheese and poured the mix over the mangold. For the top of the whole thing I grated some pecorino cheese. We gatinated this in the oven because we already had many things on the grill but of course you can use grill as well.

Red mangold leaves

This will be gratinated red mangold served as a side dish for spare ribs.

Another friend...or maybe it's the same one

Smoked bell pepper and garlic...I made garlic dip out of them

Our World Cup Final 2014 food: Pulled pork

Which we served as burgers. I wanted to make buns (something with caraway and orange peel) but unfortunately I never came to that...too much time spent at the work last times.

Tomato plants are growing. This picture is about one and half month old so they are much bigger now.

Tomato flower

Here they come...

Just took this picture today...this is the first red tomato. Let's  hope it's as tasty as it looks :D

No comments: