Friday 11 October 2013

Book tips


Zimtschnecken und Blaubeerkuchen and Servus Bayern

Couple of days ago we did some shopping in Glattzentrum in Zürich. I have only been there for twice: once for a job interview and the second time for test shift...and that was back in 2011. As it turned our I decided for a job in one particular hotel in Zürich instead of the Glattzentrum ;D When I left the hotel I was given some Glattmoney as a farewell present. Glattmoney is basically coins of golden colour and each coin is worth 25 CHF. The coins you can use in every shop in Glattzentrum. I find it a quite nice idea because this way the  person getting the present can get for himself what ever he wants instead of getting stuck with unwanted presents.

So I had some of this fancy money to use and because my Hubby had never been to the Glattzentrum we thought it might be nice to pay it a visit. There we found some pretty nice book, cd, game and dvd store. I decided to invest for some Blues and funk CDs and of course for some cook books.

I make this every year for Christmas (Nordic bakery cookbook)
The first book is called Zimtschnecken und Blaubeerkuchen - Die besten Backideen aus Skandinavien (Oh, Finland belongs to Scandinavia!?) from Miisa Mink. I paid 33.90 CHF for it. The book is also available in English with a name Nordic Bakery Cookbook. The name nordic could pretty much be changed to Finnish. The writer was born in Finland and now lives in London. If you interested of baking in Finland you should buy this book. For me the recipes seem to be quite authentic. What I really like about this book is that every recipe has a photo to it.

Funny sounding German (Servus Bayern)
The second book is called Servus Bayern - So schmeckt's dahoam from Monika Schuster and Anna Cavelius. The book cost 40.90 CHF. I think you can't buy this book in English at least I could not find it anywhere. As the name says this is a book for those who are into Bavaria.


This was also a theme in this blog (Servus Bayern)

No comments: